August 18, 2008

Kevin Smith Watches the Watchmen

In the most recent post on his MySpace blog, Kevin Smith vaguely talked about having seen Watchmen and the awesomeness that ensued.


I saw "Watchmen." It's ****ing astounding. The Non-Disclosure Agreement I signed prevents me from saying much, but I can spout the following with complete joygasmic enthusiasm: Snyder and Co. have pulled it off.

Remember that feeling of watching "Sin City" on the big screen and being blown away by what a faithful translation of the source material it was, in terms of both content and visuals? Triple that, and you'll come close to watching "Watchmen." Even Alan Moore might be surprised at how close the movie is to the book. March can't come soon enough.



Now, I know Kevin Smith isn't the most profound or thought-provoking director in the world, but, generally speaking, I tend to trust his opinion on movies. That being said, this excites the hell out of me. I think it should excite the hell out of you, too.

In case you don't know what Watchmen is, get educated. Reading the graphic novel is a good idea.

No comments: