August 22, 2008

Modern setting may reanimate Frankenstein

Steve Niles is bringing his comic Wake the Dead, a modern-day retelling of the Frankenstein story, to the big screen from the producer's seat. WETA is set to do the effects. Cool.

“Right now, we’re scouting locations,” Niles said. “[Director] Jay [Russell] wants the movie to be ready for the next San Diego [Comic-Con]. WETA is doing the designs, and it looks amazing. And whatever they need me on, I help. Jay runs the treatment by me and I put the story together, so it begins and ends with me, but I don’t have to write it.”

“Wake the Dead” is a modern Frankenstein story, where a college student named Victor is trying to reverse death.


I'm not a horror fan, but I like the idea. It should be interesting to see how this one plays out.

MTV

No comments: